FCCPTA GRANTS AVAILABLE!
With support from Whole Foods, the Fairfax County Council of PTAs is pleased to provide grants to help local PTAs serve as many children and families as possible.
Launching a new program?
Holding a family night or wellness event?
Organizing International Night?
Establishing a Food Pantry?
Apply for a grant! It’s easy!
Every Fairfax County PTA in Good Standing is eligible. Successful applicants will:
- Describe how their proposed event or program will: engage families, support student success, improve the health and safety of students and families, or celebrate
- Propose programs or events that benefit a significant population (be that number of students/families; underserved children, etc.)
- Have principal approval
- Commit to report on how grant money was used within 12 months
Click here to apply by March 1st
Questions? Contact Jane Miscavage, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reflections’ Art Work Return
Mon Feb 26, 2:30 pm – 7pm, FCPS Gatehouse Admin Center Cafe (park and enter elevator from parking garage in the back. Take the elevator to the first floor).
FCCPTA General Membership and Superintendent Meeting, Gatehouse Cafe
March 20th, 2018, 6:30 pm
What is the FCCPTA?
The Fairfax County Council of PTAs (FCCPTA) is an active partner with its local school units and the Fairfax County community at large as we work together to provide our children with the highest quality educational environment and opportunities available.
PTAs/PTSAs are a network that provides much more value-added services than PTOs as PTOs are stand-alone units. PTAs/PTSAs do not exist for fundraising alone or staying within a single school. PTAs/PTSAs are a network across the community — teaming up together for training and advocacy.
FCCPTA does the following:
- We hold annual training for presidents, treasurers, secretaries, communication chairs, volunteer coordinators, and more.
- We sponsor programs, including the Fairfax County Spelling Bee and Reflections.
- We have a Facebook group where we bounce ideas off each other and ask questions.
- Where does one find the license to show a movie at school? who has recommendations for vendors for cultural arts programs? sports, etc? how do you do an an audit? There are many!
- We advocate.
In December of 2017, we held our first Advocacy Event at FCPS Headquarters with members of the FCPS School Board and the Board of Supervisors. We held three panels and breakout sessions with our individual district representatives. It was scheduled to last until 9 pm, but many stayed until almost 10 pm to keep talking with their representatives.
We serve on committees across FCPS, including the FCPS Calendar Committee and the Superintendent Search Committee.
FCCPTA is part of the oldest and largest volunteer child advocacy organization in the nation – the PTA! Because of our efforts, our children have opportunities to excel and take advantage of so many wonderful programs.
We exist to positively impact the lives of all children and families by representing our members and empowering and supporting them with skills in advocacy, leadership, and communication.
We exist to:
- Foster communication between and among units to share best practices and common concerns.
- Provide a unified, effective voice in relationships with the School District(s) and community partners which include our local city, county and state offices and officials, our local business community, parents and the community at large.
- Link the Fairfax County area PTAs with the resources, support and advocacy from the Northern Virginia District, Virginia, & National PTA organizations.
- Be the leading voice advocating for quality public education and a nurturing environment for all of our children.
FCCPTA – Together We Touch the Future!
Save the Date: Engaging Families Forward Summit
When: Fall 2018 — more information to come!
Where: Thomas Jefferson High School, 6560 Braddock Rd, Alexandria, VA 22312, USA (map)
Description: Engaging Families Forward Summit