Virginia PTA Legislative Priorities are adopted annually in the spring at the conclusion of the General Assembly Session by the Virginia PTA Board of Directors to set direction for the coming year. Legislative Priorites are based on existing position statements and/or resolutions and highlight areas where legislative action is needed to address statewide concerns that affect children and youth. Resolutions adopted at Virginia PTA Annual Meetings are automatically legislative priorities for the General Assembly session following thier approval.
- COVID-19 Legislation & Resources
- 2020 U.S. Congress – Priorities Packet
- 2020 General Assembly – Priorities Packet
- 2020 General Assembly – Bill Watchlist
- 2019-2020 Legislative Priorities – Full Talking Points
Virginia PTA Position Statements are adopted by the Virginia PTA Board of Directors and are official documents based on our mission, research and/or previous resolutions or positions of either Virginia PTA or National PTA. Position Statements outline the opinion, will, or intent of the association to address a current statewide situation or concern that affects children and youth and which requires statewide or national attention and action to address.
- Virginia’s Phased School Reopening (June 18, 2020) || Virginia PTA Fall 2020 Return to School Survey (June 18, 2020)
- Advancing Equity & Diversity (Amended June 18, 2020)
- National PTA Dues (April 27, 2019)
Learn more at vapta.org