Fairfax County Council PTA is an active partner with its local school PTAs and the Fairfax County community at large as we work together to provide our children with the highest quality educational environment and opportunities available.
PTAs/PTSAs are a network across the community — teaming up together to share best practices, training and advocacy.
FCCPTA does the following:
- We hold annual training for all PTA leaders and volunteers.
- We sponsor programs, including the Fairfax County Spelling Bee and Reflections.
- We have a Facebook group where we bounce ideas off each other and ask questions.
- Where does one find the license to show a movie at school? who has recommendations for vendors for cultural arts programs? sports, etc? how do you do an an audit? There are many!
- We advocate.
We exist to:
- Foster communication between and among PTAs to share best practices and common concerns.
- Provide a unified, effective voice in relationships with FCPS, the School Board, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and countless other resources across the County.
- Link Fairfax County area PTAs with the resources, support and advocacy from the Northern Virginia District, Virginia, & National PTA organizations.
- Be the leading voice advocating for quality public education and a nurturing environment for all of our children.
FCCPTA will continue to make health, education and welfare of the children the first priority on our agenda. Our membership and leadership will reflect the diversity of the county we represent.
We will respond to the needs of our members with appropriate programs and services with a refined governance structure, fiscally sound practices and with strong, well-trained leadership. We will increase the number and commitment of our members with measurable results and accountability. Positive social change will occur through FCCPTA involvement in child advocacy, parenting education and partnering of education.