You are here
FCCPTA Parent Superintendent Interview Application
At a recent work session the School Board voted to request the FCCPTA facilitate in the identification of five FCPS parents to assist with the process when each of the three semifinalist candidates is interviewed on April 2, 3, and 5, 2013. The Board asked FCCPTA to open the selection process to all FCPS parents who currently have children attending Fairfax County Public Schools and try to balance that representation according to the following variables:
- Race and ethnicity
- Grade levels: elementary school, middle school, high school
- Services that their child receives: regular education, gifted education, special education, and ESOL
- Socio-economic status
- Geographic areas of the county
The School Board additionally has requested that in order to participate, it is important that parent representatives are able to make the following commitments:
- Confidentiality – The search is confidential in order to attract the very best candidates, therefore it is important that FCCPTA representatives are willing to commit to keep the identities of the candidates confidential before, during, and after the process. All committee members will be asked to sign a confidentiality agreement that will be provided later.
- Participation – FCCPTA representatives will need to be able to fully commit to a significant amount of time so that an interview script can be developed and so that the committee can interview each of the three semifinalists. The required dates and times are Tuesday, April 2 (9 a.m. to 5 p.m.), Wednesday, April 3 (noon to 5 p.m.), and Friday, April 5 (noon to 5 p.m.).
- Understanding Your Role – The decision regarding whom to hire as the next superintendent rests solely with the Fairfax County School Board. The School Board is asking the committee members to interview the three semifinalists in order to share perspectives regarding the strengths and questions/concerns of each candidate. Committee members will not be asked to rank, rate, or recommend the candidates in any way.