FCCPTA User Policy & Terms of Service
- Above all, be respectful and kind. This is a community for idea-sharing and support. It is not a place for pushing products or services or personal or professional agendas.
- Absolutely no solicitation...or anything that resembles solicitation. If complaints are received about content or if PTA deems content to be advertising that content will be removed, regardless of whether the content is related or relevant to parents or parent group activities. Paid advertising space is available.
- No offensive or inappropriate content will be tolerated. Any such content will be removed and the author banned from the site. Offensive or inappropriate content includes anything that isn't child friendly, personal attacks, spam, and material copyrighted by someone who isn’t you.
- Groups that are deemed inactive or considered spam will be removed from the site.
- In order to prevent spam, users will be required to complete a CAPTCHA.
- Membership is at the discretion of FCCPTA. Violations of this policy will result in immediate revocation of membership.
Terms of Service
The following Terms of Service apply to your use of the FCCPTA website and social media services. You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the FCCPTA website and social media services and compliance with these terms. By registering with us or using or browsing this FCCPTA website and social media services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms. This FCCPTA website and social media services is not directed to children younger than 13 and is offered only to users 13 years of age or older. Any person who provides their personal information through this FCCPTA website and social media services represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use this Network:
- In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
- In a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- To engage in spamming, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes", advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
- In a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- In a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another's privacy;
- In a manner that is harmful to minors in any way; in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable; to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this Network without authorization;
- To interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this FCCPTA website and social media services or prevent others from using this FCCPTA website and social media services, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this FCCPTA website and social media services, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons' ability to use this FCCPTA website and social media services; to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user's account or to monitor or copy this FCCPTA website and social media services or the content contained therein;
- To facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content; in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- In a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this Network or to users; and,
- In a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass anyone;
- Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this FCCPTA website and social media services or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this FCCPTA website and social media services for the purposes of automating logins to this FCCPTA website and social media services;
- Post any content containing child pornography to this FCCPTA website and social media services;
- Post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
- Post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this FCCPTA website and social media services - except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or "well-behaved" web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by "well-behaved";
- Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the FCCPTA website and social media services's infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this FCCPTA website and social media services; Use this FCCPTA website and social media services as a generic file hosting service;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of this Network or for using it for purposes unrelated to this FCCPTA website and social media services); and,
- Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this Network.
- You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this Network to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct.
- You also agree that these FCCPTA web site and social media services Terms of Service inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our FCCPTA web site and social media services platform provider) and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these FCCPTA web site and social media services Terms of Service. Technology and hosting for aspects of this Network are provided by this FCCPTA website and social media services's online service provider.
However, the FCCPTA web site and social media services Creator of this FCCPTA website and social media services controls the content, membership and policy of this FCCPTA website and social media services, including those pages served by such service provider on behalf of this Network. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by participating on this FCCPTA web site and social media services you agree to indemnify and hold harmless such service provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using this FCCPTA website and social media services and participation with this FCCPTA web site and social media services.