Wednesday, April 25
Light Supper: 6:30 PM
Program: 7:00 to 8:30 PM
- What led you to get involved in PTA/school?
- What did people do (not do) to make you feel welcome?
- What has your PTA done to connect with parents who are not typically involved?
- Suggestions for PTAs who wish to reach diverse parents (or parents from your cultural group)
Panelists will share information about education and communication issues relevant for people from their culture.
- Burnette Scarboro, African Heritage Outreach, Family and School Partnerships
- Salma Al-Ashmawi, Multicultural Panelist (Egyptian Heritage), Family and School Partnerships
- Maria Blaylock, PTA President, London Towne Elementary School
- Suzanne Webb, PTA President, Pine Spring Elementary School
Following the panelists a facilitated discussion into breakout sessions will occur and conclude with a Q and A session.
This event is free however we need you to register so we can adequately prepare for the light dinner refreshments.